Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms should subside over the next 24-48hours. You can apply aloe vera or tea tree gel to soothe your skin post wax. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning at least 48 hours either side of your wax, this includes sunbeds & fake tans
- Avoid hot steam 48 hours after your treatment
- Facial waxing; you cannot have any peels for a minimum of 7 days after
- Do not exfoliate for at least 48hours post treatment
- Do not use any products which contain AHA & BHA for at least 48hours post treatment
LVL Lash Lift
- Ensure your lashes don't get wet for at least 48 hours after your treatment; avoid any kind of steam, saunas and swimming etc
- Try not to rub your eyes or touch your lashes too much after your lash lift as this can affect the curl
- Try not to cover your face whilst you sleep
- Gently brush your lashes with a wand daily to keep them looking their best & prevent them from getting tangled
- Use the post treatment conditioning serum to keep your lashes looking neat and avoid crossover
- Leave at least 6 weeks in between treatments
- For mascara lovers; use a water-based formula and steer clear of water-proof mascara
- Do not use a lash curler on top of the treatment as this may weaken the lashes
After a peel you may notice that your skin is flushed, pink or red (almost like you have caught the sun that day) and your skin may also feel dry or tight. At or around day 3 post treatment you may experience some slight peeling or flaking. This is to be expected and will last 1 – 2 days. It is possible that you may have no peeling or flaking. If there is no peeling or flaking this does not mean that the peel is not working. Our chemical peels are designed to remodel from within with as little downtime and surface trauma as possible. The chance of any side effects happening and how obvious they are all depends on the type of peel you have had. The more high strength peels often show these side effects for a longer period of time as a stronger acid will have been used.
To get you the best results from your peel and to help treat the side effects, you may be advised to use skin preparation products prior to you treatment and you will also receive recommendations of aftercare products and a treatment regime. All of these will be different depending on what peel you have had and your skin type.
It is important to wear SPF everyday post-procedure for at least 2 weeks and avoid products containing Retinol, Glycolic acid or any other exfoliating ingredients for the first week post-procedure.
After most chemical peels you should be ok to apply your usual makeup the following day unless advised otherwise.
Avoid physical activity until the following day.
Avoid heat treatments e.g. hot baths or showers, sauna and steam rooms for 24 hours post treatment.
JOIN THE NH CLUB
Sign up to join the NH club and be the first to hear of news and promotions, and enjoy exclusive discounts